Back to News
Register Now for September 2020
Registration to attend The Buchan School and King William's College for the school year 2020-2021 is now open.
Please note entry into current Middle Fifth (Year 10) and Upper Fifth (Year 11) for 2020 is not available as this year group is full.
Why choose The Buchan School?
- Superb facilities in over 13 acres of private grounds
- Average class size of 12
- Specialist subject teachers across the curriculum
- Exceptional level of pastoral care and learning support
- Strong focus on personal development - behaviour, articulacy, confidence and imagination
- Breakfast and after-school clubs from 8am to 5.30pm and holiday clubs
- Dedicated minibus service
- Extensive extra-curricular programme
- French taught from Reception upwards, with Spanish, Mandarin, German and Latin also offered
- Specialist Music, Art and Drama tuition
- Proud history of sporting achievements both on and off Island
- Preparation for Common Entrance examinations
Why choose King William's College?
- The highest achieving Isle of Man School
- One of the most established and successful IB schools in the British Isles
- Average class size: 13 (IGCSE) and 10 (IB)
- Excellent pastoral care in a small, strong community
- Pupils study (I)GCSEs in Year 11 and the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the Sixth Form
- An international environment with students from more than 20 different countries
- Chance to try boarding and gain experience of living away from home before going to university
(I)GCSE RESULTS 2019
- 38% A*-A (or 9-7)
- 93% A*-C (or 9-4)
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA RESULTS 2019
- The year group of 55 students achieved an average of 32.8 points. To put that into context 33 points could be an offer from Birmingham, Lancaster or Liverpool universities.
- Six students achieved 40 or more points out of a maximum of 45, putting them in the top 5% of students worldwide.
- One student, achieved 43, one achieved 42, two achieved 41 and two achieved 40 points.
To confirm your child's place or to arrange a tour or taster day, please contact our Admissions Registrar Marion Taggart at email@example.com or 820110.
Means-tested financial assistance is available.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Kara Hughes-Jones, Head of External Relations