King William's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts in The Buchan School and King Wiliam's College are subject to the normal statutory checks.
Part-time Teacher of French (3 days)
Required for September 2017.
The successful candidate will teach from Nursery to Year 6. We require an enthusiastic practitioner with a willingness to contribute fully to the extra-curricular life of the school.
Closing date for application is 27th May 2017.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Head of Buchan.
- To be responsible for leading the language provision at The Buchan school (including co-ordinating teachers of other languages).
- To be responsible for the French assistant who will help at the Buchan, (6 periods a week).
- To meet and liaise with the Head of MFL at KWC every half-term.
- To plan and delivery the French Curriculum (from Nursery to Y6).
- To create a happy and stimulating environment.
- To assist with the implementation of the aims and policies of the school.
- To assist in the inclusive practice of all children.
- To be aware of child protection issues and report any concerns.
- To understand basic first aid as required.
Main Duties with Children
- To assist in the provision of a full range of activities which will allow each child to fulfil their potential.
- To establish a good working knowledge of each child to form positive relationships with parents.
- To prepare/maintain resources and equipment in the indoor and outdoor learning environment.
- To ensure provision is meeting the needs of children with additional learning needs.
- To record progress and assess pupils accordingly.
- To complete half termly assessment grades for pupils.
- To complete termly written reports for pupils.
- To attend parent consultations as required.
- To participate in daily lunchtime supervision.
- To participate in playtime supervision as necessary.
- To lead a weekly after school activity (until 4.30pm).
- To lead after school provision (until 6pm) as necessary.
- To lead holiday provision as necessary.
- To write an annual article for the Barrovian magazine and any additional promotional material linked to the subject area.
Responsibilities as a staff member
- To comply with all policies, practices and procedures of the school and to carry out all duties with full regard to the agreed equal opportunities principles.
- To work with professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- To attend all weekly meetings, briefings, open mornings and INSET days.
- To play a full and active role in the schools professional development including dedicated training days.
- To promote activities of the school at all times.
- To positively contribute to the achievement of the school goals, development plan and other initiatives.
- To comply with all health and safety at work requirements as laid down by the employer.
- To undertake tasks of a similar nature and level as requested by the Head of The Buchan School.
- This is a description of the job as is constituted at the date shown below. It is the practice of KWC to periodically examine job descriptions, updating them to ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. This will be conducted by the appropriate manager in consultation with the post holder.
Completed applications can be sent via email to:
or by post to: HR Department, King William's College, Castletown, IM9 1TP.
Volunteer Application Form