King William's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts in The Buchan School and King Wiliam's College are subject to the normal statutory checks.
Head of Learning Support
PART TIME (0.5) ONE YEAR FIXED TERM
We are looking for an experienced learning support teacher to lead the department. To identify individual needs and oversee provision throughout the school.
Closing date for applications is 18th May 2018
JOB DESCRIPTION- HEAD OF LEARNING SUPPORT
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the provision of support for children identified with additional needs.
- Maintaining the Learning Support Register.
- Identification, assessment, monitoring and support of children with additional needs including gifted and talented.
- Drafting and reviewing Individual Learning Plans, in cooperation with the Class Teachers who set and review the majority of the targets.
- Liaison and communication with parents and staff
- Management and training of Teaching Assistants (TAs).
- Liaising with outside agencies such as Educational Psychologist, Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists.
- Training of staff during INSETS and twilight sessions.
- Involvement in the transition of Learning Support pupils from feeder nurseries to The Buchan
- Managing the transition of Learning Support pupils from The Buchan to KWC and other secondary schools.
- Managing access arrangements for the 11+
- Involvement in the interrogation of data to monitor progress of all pupils.
- Strategic planning for Learning Support Department to include support and enrichment.
Responsibilities as a staff member
- To comply with all policies, practices and procedures of the school and to carry out all duties with full regard to the agreed equal opportunities principles
- To work with professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- To attend weekly meetings as appropriate
- To play a full and active role in the schools professional development including dedicated training days
- To promote activities of the school at all times
- To positively contribute to the achievement of the school goals, development plan and other initiatives
- To comply with all health and safety at work requirements as laid down by the employer
- To undertake tasks of a similar nature and level as requested by the Head of The Buchan School
This is a description of the job as is constituted at the date shown below. It is the practice of KWC to periodically examine job descriptions, updating them to ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. This will be conducted by the appropriate manager in consultation with the post holder.
Candidates should complete an application form and send it together with a letter explaining why they consider themselves suitable for the post to Head of Human Resources by close of business on Friday 18th May 2018.
Completed applications can be sent via email to:
or by post to: HR Department, King William's College, Castletown, IM9 1TP.
Volunteer Application Form