King William's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts in The Buchan School and King Wiliam's College are subject to the normal statutory checks.
Part-time Teaching Assistant
(0.5) 1 Year Fixed Term
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of our thriving School.
Applicants should hold relevant qualifications and have proven experience working within schools in a similar role.
Applicants will support the delivery of the EYFS and KS1 curriculum, ensuring provision for children with additional learning needs.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 28th July 2017.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Deputy Head (Pre-Prep)
- To be responsible for undertaking specific elements of the EYFS curriculum or KS1 curriculum
- To work with and support the classroom teacher in the planning and delivery of the daily curriculum
- To support the classroom teacher in creating a happy and stimulating environment
- To assist with the implementation of the aims and policies of the school
- To assist in the inclusive practice of all children
- To be aware of child protection issues and report any concerns
- To understand basic first aid as required- to be willing to undertake Paediatric First Aid Training
Main Duties with Children
- To assist in the provision of a full range of activities which will allow each child to fulfil their potential;
- To prepare/maintain resources and equipment in the indoor and outdoor learning environment
- To produce eye catching wall displays in the EYFS and Pre-Prep
- To supervise groups of children e.g. reading, outdoor activities, educational visits etc
- To ensure provision is meeting the needs of children with additional learning needs.
- To record progress using tapestry
- To establish a good working knowledge of each child to form positive relationships with parents
- To participate in lunchtime supervision
- To participate in playtime supervision
- To lead after school provision as necessary (until 6pm)
- To lead holiday provision as necessary (within school holidays)
Responsibilities as a staff member
- To comply with all policies, practices and procedures of the school and to carry out all duties with full regard to the agreed equal opportunities principles
- To work with professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- To work as part of a supportive staff team/Common room
- To attend weekly meetings as appropriate
- To play a full and active role in the schools professional development including dedicated training days (INSET days and twilight Sessions)
- To promote the activities of the school at all times
- To positively contribute to the achievement of the school goals, development plan and other initiatives
- To comply with all health and safety at work requirements as laid down by the employer
- To undertake tasks of a similar nature and level as requested by the Head of The Buchan School
- This is a description of the job as is constituted at the date shown below. It is the practice of KWC to periodically examine job descriptions, updating them to ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. This will be conducted by the appropriate manager in consultation with the post holder.
Completed applications can be sent via email to:
or by post to: HR Department, King William's College, Castletown, IM9 1TP.
Volunteer Application Form