Our aim is to take every opportunity to enhance the learning of our pupils of all abilities in the classroom and outside it. This is at the core of our programmes for enrichment.
Our curriculum is unique: from a strong focus upon Academics, Art, Music, Drama and a range of Sports. Our Buchan Badge programme takes a modular approach to a range of exciting skills, including horse riding, sailing and cookery.
The following are some of the activities that have recently been organised and some that are arranged on an annual basis:
- Lessons at King William's College in Mathematics, English and Science using their facilities and their members of staff
- Visiting speakers for various subject areas
- Maths challenges
- Rotary Public Speaking Competition
- World Book Day
- Lunchtime extension clubs in Mathematics and English (F4)
- Homework extension programme (Science) - available from F3
- Whole School themed days – French Day, China Day, Roman Day
- School trips – Manx National Heritage sites/museums, Wildlife Park etc.
- Specialist parent input – local architect for F4 Humanities Town Planning Project, Native language speakers for the Buchan Badge 'Exploring Language' unit.
- London visit – Shakespeare's Globe ( watching a production and workshop) and Natural History Museum
- Use of French and Spanish Assistants
- 'Rocket Science' Project 2016
- Venture Centre trip
- Historical fiction reading list with each History topic studied